Sunday, November 22, 2009

The theme for Youth Sunday 2009 is taken from 1 Timothy 4:10 which is "We have set our hope on the living God". The Diocesan Youth Council have created a special Creed to be read in all parishes across the dioscese today on this theme:

Creed of Hope
I have hope in the love of God, which makes all things new,
I have hope that what I give to the world will make a difference.
I have hope in the Gospel, which challenges us to grow in faith.
I have hope that I can inspire those around me.

We have hope that our Church will always embrace diversity and unity.
We have hope that God binds us into community within our parishes.
We have hope in our own ideals, dreams and plans.
We have hope in God, who calls us into action.
We place our hope in the living God.

Glory be to Him whose power working in us can do
infinitely more that we can ask or imagine.

This is our hope. Amen.

0 comments: